There is a reason why so many like to book vacations on a cruise ship. You have just about every amenity you could think of, even some you might not know about. There is something for everyone or almost everyone. One of those options includes cruise ship gambling. Now, that might not be your cup of tea, but there are plenty of people out there who love casinos. It is to those people we speak to today. There are a few differences between a land-based casino and a cruise ship casino. You need to be aware of the differences before you start playing. Now, some of these differences might not make much difference to some of you, but others might not feel the same way. That is where we begin now.
Five Main Differences Between A Cruise Ship Casino And A Land-Based Casino
1) The first difference is going to be widely noticed by most people. You are going to have limited hours to play. You can play as much and whenever you want if you do a land-based online casino. That is not what you get with a cruise ship. Cruise ships only have a limited time to get in certain activities. One reason why this happens is that you are visiting different countries and locations. There are rules and laws you need to abide by. One more thing you need to take notice of involves the early morning hours. There are probably a few of you who like to get up early in the morning(say 5 AM) to get started. Putting aside all personal opinions on this one, you need to plan for a later start. Most cruise ship casinos will not open until about noon, sometimes later. Most cruise ship casinos will stay pen until maybe midnight or1 AM, but close down after. All we are saying is be prepared for what might happen.
2) Now, let’s talk about age requirements. Have you noticed how in Las Vegas how you have to be 21 to play? Yeah, that is going to make some people very unhappy. However, if you play on a cruise ship, you just have to be 18. Now, that also means there are looser restrictions on cruise ships. The choice of whether or not you want your 18-year-old to play is yours to make. We are just simply telling you what is going on.
3) Some of you have noticed that some of the land-based online casinos do not come equipped with all the bells and whistles you might like. Sometimes you have to make do with what you have. That is not the case for a cruise ship casino. Most cruise ship casinos are going to come with more bells and whistles than you could ever possibly imagine. One thing you will find on a cruise ship casino is the old-time coin pusher games. You know the ones we are talking about. You have probably seen them on some of the Youtube videos. Now some of the games that cruise ships offer are not the high adrenaline rush you might come to expect. Some of them(according to some past cruise ship patrons) ate kind of boring(at least in their opinion). That, however, is what makes it more fun. Cruise ship casinos offer something that online casinos and land-based casinos do not. Some of the games are going to be boring. However, the games you find boring will make someone else happy. Not everyone likes high stakes cruise ship action. Some just like to sit back and distress.
4) You are also going to find that the buy-ins are low. Now, that might not be your cup of tea, but cruise ships design it that way. Most cruise ship patrons are there to relax and enjoy themselves. Creating stakes that are too high is not going to help. The cruise ship casinos want you to play, but not at the expense of going broke while onboard. Most cruise ships want to attract the average man and woman. They do not create these things for high rollers to come in and start some chaos.
5) That also means the payouts are going to below. There are only a few places to gamble. That is the complete opposite for what you might find at a land-based casino. Once again, the cruise ships are not designed to pull in the high rollers, though some are on board. The cruise ships want to create something that everyone can enjoy. Those who are looking for something bigger(and maybe better) might have to wait until you get back on land.
One Final Difference Worth Mentioning
Do you enjoy a slot tournament? Good news. You will find many options on a cruise ship casino. It does not matter if you like BlackJack, Roulette, or something else, you will find something onboard. The best part is the tournaments are very cheap to enter(usually $20) compared to a land-based casino. You will also find a lack of competition onboard. Yes, there is a little competition, but not much. That makes the stakes lower. It also means the chances of you winning are much greater. Once again, the cruise ship casinos are not looking to make things tough for you. The cruise ships want you to have fun and enjoy your time onboard.